Tamarancho, the jewel of Marin County singletrack.
- Purchase 1-day passes in-store ($5.00 cash or check only)
- Annual passes now available in store (credit/debit only)
Purchase with cash or check, gets you a temporary pass and your official pass will be mailed to you by the Boy Scouts later!
Sunshine Bikes is proud to support Tamarancho’s trail system since the very beginning, built one trail at a time over years by the Jim Jacobsen-led Bicycle Trails Council and Forest Knolls Freewheelers, and now maintained by a collective of various volunteer organizations.
With the 9-mile loop being recently added to by a 1.5 mile flow trail on the western edge of the 480 property, Tamarancho continues to thrill, particularly in a county with otherwise few miles of legal singletrack.
This puts incredible pressure on the property. Keeping it open is predicated on respect for the trail, the property owners, and fellow users:
- We are all pass holders of either annual or day passes (available over the counter at Sunshine for cash)
- We stay on the singletrack loop or the flow trail only
- We are courteous and responsible riders – to each other and to the trails.
- This is a shared bike/hike course, please bear in mind there are lots of scouting activities up at Tamarancho, so beware that sometimes trails may be closed, even though the events are going on in the middle of camp.