Interested in working with Sunshine? Fill out our quick and confidential preliminary employment questionnaire!
If we like what we see, we'll get in touch and have you in for a chat and complete a formal job application. If you don't hear back and what to know what's up, email us.
- Part Time Mechanic & Customer Service
- 2-3 or more years experience in professional bike shop as mechanic/salesperson (part- or full-time).
- Highly familiar with current bicycle technologies and knowledgeable in a wide range of technologies of the past 30 years.
- Excellent references from owners or management at previous employers.
- Equal love for working on bicycles and working with customers.
- Relevant computer skills: Web based POS System (Lightspeed); Online parts lookups & research (Various); Spreadsheet basics (Google Sheets).
- Excellent written/oral communications skills
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Mechanic/Tech: Full tune-ups to minor adjustments, on the spot repairs, bike builds, overhauls, diagnosis, service writing, parts lookup and ordering, technical bulletins, customer service related to service.
- Sales and customer service: Bicycles, components, accessories, clothing, soft goods. Prior knowledge of our bicycle lines and other brands preferred but not required.
- Friendly, positive, outgoing, cooperative, team player.
- Even-tempered, professional, responsible, reliable, presentable.
- Can adapt in a moment's notice to working with different types of customers and widely varying bicycle technologies and situations.
Pay will be based on your experience and depth/breadth of relevant knowledge. There will be a performance review two months after employment begins, and ongoing pay rate will be addressed then.
Please fill out the Preliminary Questionnaire on our website. No calls or in-person applications, thank you.
Sunshine Bicycle Center is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin and ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy and sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status), age, disability (including medical conditions) or genetic information.