|Date Posted||July 9, 2019|
|Start Date||August 15, 2019|
|Description||Sunshine Bicycle Center in Fairfax is seeking two part-time experienced bicycle mechanics to work regularly scheduled 1/2 week shifts with opposite schedules.
This is a great opportunity to complement other existing part- or full-time bike mechanic jobs. We strongly prefer those already employed in and working in the bike industry locally who will be able to work with us consistently and regularly.
We're looking for a reliable, professional, friendly super fan of cycling who loves focusing on mechanical work and needs of repair and build customers, as well as providing spot fill-in for our front of store staff when they are at capacity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of one of the most respected and vibrant local independent bike shops in the country.
Our staff are provided a competitive hourly wage based on experience, ability and aptitude.
|Experience & Requirements||2-4 years or more professional experience as bike retail or bike industry mechanic, particularly with an emphasis on current and recent mountain bikes and road bikes. Experience with other classes of bikes including eBikes is welcome but not required.
Experience should be a mix of repairs and new builds, plus working closely with repair/accessory customers to hear needs, check fit, explain or customize features of bikes, etc.
Knowing current technologies, options, configuration, common issues and current accessories is a huge plus, particularly of the brands we carry (Trek, Ibis, Cannondale, Electra, Yuba, Moots)
All candidates should be functional on Windows based computers, web based POS systems (Lightspeed) and Google Drive apps, as well as comfortable on the web researching parts, services, etc.
All candidates must be excellent with customers, and able to work equally and smoothly with all types of customer needs.
Clear, helpful, positive and consistent communications skills required.
Keyboard and handwriting skills must be high.
Must be good at consistently and pleasantly operating in a fast paced customer-facing environment in a quality manner.
Must be good at problem solving and attention to detail.
Three or more excellent industry references are preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: this job requires being on your feet all day, frequent bending, lifting 30-60 pounds, and occasional use of stepstools or ladders.
- Bicycle Repair / Shop Area: evaluating; estimating; service writing; research & locating of parts; performing repairs, tuneups or major overhauls; test riding; cashiering; customer interaction. Mostly scheduled, occasional on-the-spot.
- New Bike Builds / Shop Area: unboxing, assembling; tuning; test riding; cleaning, labeling, displaying. Basic to high end builds.
- Constantly staying up on evolving technical developments in bike tech, maintenance, build and repair. Attend new product or technical trainings, or cover assigned training materials.
- Minor assistance w/daily open and/or closing tasks.
- Adhering to and exemplifying shop standards for service, professionalism, accuracy, and appearance.
- Customer Assistance / Sales Floor: Provide high quality backup on sales floor for customer assistance & check out when other staff at capacity. Assistance and sales of bicycles, accessories & soft goods. Includes helping customers select from in-stock product, special orders if needed, bike rentals, or any other front of store customer needs.
- Attend occasional staff meetings.
- Contribute to product or lifestyle content that can be used on our marketing channels (new product reviews, bike trip journals or photos, race experiences, etc).
|Schedule||2-4 days per week. May include one weekend day. We can work together to put together a schedule that works for everyone.|
|Compensation||$15-$22/hour depending on experience|
|Job Location||737 Center Blvd.
Fairfax CA 94930
|About Us||Sunshine Bicycle Center (est. 1971) is a busy, modern owner-operated shop in Fairfax CA. Our town and the surrounding central Marin County area is where modern mountain biking was developed in the late 1970s. Many of the sport’s founders have worked with us and are still part of our extended family.|
|How To Apply||Apply online below.|
|Acknowledgements||Sunshine Bicycle Center is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin and ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy and sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status), age, disability (including medical conditions) or genetic information.|
|Keywords||bike shop, bicycle shop, bike shop jobs, bike repair, bicycle repair, bike building, bicycle building, bike sales, bicycle sales, bike mechanic, bicycle mechanic, bicycle fitting, bike fitting, bike industry jobs, bicycle industry jobs, bike shops marin, professional bike repair, cannondale bicycle, trek bicycle, moots cycles, ibis cycles, electra cycles|
What's New At Sunshine?
- Accessories A-L
- Accessories M-Z
- What's New At Sunshine?
- Gift Cards
- NEW & FRESH
- Free Local Delivery
- Store Info