The Bobcat Trail is a capable mountain bike with modern trail geometry build for exploring singletrack trail systems.
Best-in-class frames and solid, serviceable spec make the Bobcat Trail a solid choice for the recreational rider looking to step up to modern geo and step deeper into mountain biking, and for the experienced rider in search of an update that doesn’t break the bank. The Bobcat Trail family of mountain bike hardtails are designed for the rider looking for a capable singletrack machine, featuring everything you need to have a great ride.
Why you'll love it:
The Bobcat Trail has a Series 2 6061 butted and hydroformed aluminum frame with a 120mm travel suspension fork and 27.5” or 29” wheels depending on size and preference.
All Bobcat Trail models feature Marin Trail geometry, featuring a long-ish reach, low standover, slack head tube, and steep seat tube angles, giving riders confidence and predictable handling to have a blast on the trail.
Fastback seatstays add vertical compliance without sacrificing power transfer, and feature rack mounts for extended trail adventures.
This Large frame generally fits rider 5"9",-6'1" but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit.
The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts here at Sunshine Bicycle Center.
- FRAME: Series 2 6061 Aluminum, 27.5" or 29” Wheels, Low Standover, 68mm BB shell, 135mm Forged Dropouts, IS Chainstay Disc Mount, Internal Housing & Dropper Post Routing
- FRONT SUSPENSION: SR Suntour XCM HLO-DS, 120mm Travel, Hydraulic Lockout, 46mm Offset
- RIMS: Marin Aluminum Double Wall, 25mm Inner, Pinned Joint, Disc Specific
- HUB, REAR: Forged Alloy, Disc, 32H
- HUB, FRONT: Forged Alloy, Disc, 32H
- SPOKE, NIPPLES: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- TIRES: WTB Trailboss Comp, 27.5/29x2.25, Wire Bead
- DERAILLEUR, REAR: MicroSHIFT Advent 9, Clutch
- DERAILLEUR, FRONT: NA
- SHIFT LEVER: MicroSHIFT Advent 9 Trail
- CRANKSET: Alloy Crank, Steel Narrow-Wide Chainring, 32T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Sealed Cartridge Bearings, Square Taper
- CHAIN: KMC X9
- CASSETTE: SunRace 9-Speed, 11-46T
- BRAKE, FRONT: Tektro M275 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- BRAKE, REAR: Tektro M275 Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro M275 Hydraulic Disc
- HANDLEBAR: Marin 31.8 Riser, 12mm Rise, 780mm Width
- STEM: Marin Alloy, 31.8mm Clamp, 45mm
- GRIPS: Marin MTB, Closed End
- HEADSET: FSA No.10-P
- SEATPOST: Marin Alloy, 30.9
- SADDLE: Marin MTB
- PEDALS: Nylon Platform