The Donky Jr. family consists of lightweight aluminum-frame bikes, using four different wheel sizes, and are perfect for first-time riders.
A kid's first Marin. Developed in conjunction with our friends at Marin Bikes Japan, the Donky Jr. family of bikes are designed with young riders in mind. All models feature freewheels and handbrakes, making it easier for them to transition to larger bikes as they grow. Smooth tread tires roll efficiently, while strong linear-pull brakes stop on the proverbial dime.
Why you'll love it:
Built around a lightweight aluminum frame, dependable Shimano 6-speed drivetrain, kids-sized saddle, grips and controls, along with the quality components you expect from Marin. Perfect for neighborhood adventures, where each block away from home feels like a mile.
Sizing & fit
This 24" Child's Bike generally fits rider 4'1"-4'9", but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit.
The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts here at Sunshine Bicycle Center.
- FRAME: Aluminum, 24" Kids
- FORK: Steel Straight Blade, 1 1/8" Threadless Steerer Tube
- RIMS: Marin Double Wall Aluminum w/ Machined Sidewalls
- HUB, REAR: Steel, 32H
- HUB, FRONT: Steel, 32H
- SPOKE, NIPPLES: Black Stainless Steel 14G Spokes, Brass Nipples
- TIRES: Marin/Vee Tire Speedster, 24"x2.0"
- DERAILLEUR, REAR: Shimano Tourney 6-Speed
- SHIFT LEVER: Shimano Revo Twist Shift, 6-Speed
- CRANKSET: Alloy 3-Piece, 152mm; 36t chainring
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Sealed Cartridge Bearing, Square Taper
- CHAIN: KMC HV500 6-speed
- REAR FREEWHEEL: Shimano 6-speed, 14-28t
- BRAKE, FRONT: Tektro Linear Pull
- BRAKE, REAR: Tektro Linear Pull
- BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro Kids Specific Short Reach Alloy
- HANDLEBAR: Marin Steel MTB
- STEM: Marin Alloy
- GRIPS: Kids Specific
- HEADSET: FSA No. 8B, Threadless, 1 1/8"
- SEATPOST: 27.2mm Steel, Integrated w/ Saddle
- SADDLE: Marin Kids w/ Integrated Seat Post
- PEDALS; Kids Specific Nylon
- EXTRAS: Rear-Mount Steel Kickstand, Rear Derailleur Guard