The Bobcat Trail family of mountain bike hardtails are designed for the rider looking for a capable singletrack machine, featuring everything you need to have a great ride.
The Bobcat Trail is a capable mountain bike with modern trail geometry build for exploring singletrack trail systems. Best-in-class frames and solid, serviceable spec make the Bobcat Trail a solid choice for the recreational rider looking to step up to modern geo and step deeper into mountain biking, and for the experienced rider in search of an update that doesn’t break the bank.
Why you'll love it:
The heart and soul of the ride stems from the lightweight Series 2 aluminum alloy frame, with long and low trail geometry and 27.5” or 29” wheels, 120mm of rock garden-ready travel, and internal housing routing. All Bobcat Trail models feature hydraulic disc brakes and are available with wide-range off-road specific drivetrains.
Key upgrades over the Bobcat Trail 4:
- Shimano Deore wide-range 1x 11-speed drivetrain
- SR Suntour XCR LOR-DS suspension fork w/thru axle
- Shimano disc brakes
The Bobcat Trail has a Series 2 aluminum frame that features double butted 6061 tubing, internal cable routing, and forged 135mm open dropouts that ensure a stiff and light frame package.
The Bobcat Trail has a growing wheel size strategy for the best fit and performance with the choice of 27.5” or 29” platforms on the size M, 27.5” wheels on sizes XS and S, and 29” wheels on sizes L, XL, and XXL.
All Bobcat Trail models feature Marin Trail geometry, featuring a long-ish reach, low standover, slack head tube, and steep seat tube angles, giving riders confidence and predictable handling to have a blast on the trail.
This Medium frame generally fits rider 5'4"-5"8", but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit.
The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts here at Sunshine Bicycle Center.
- FRAME: Series 2 6061 Aluminum, 27.5" or 29” Wheels, Low Standover, 68mm BB shell, 135mm Forged Dropouts, IS Chainstay Disc Mount, Internal Housing & Dropper Post Routing
- FRONT SUSPENSION: SR Suntour XCR32 Coil LOR-DS, Thru-Axle, 120mm Travel, Hydraulic Lockout, Damping Adjustment, 42mm (27.5") and 46mm (29") Offsets
- RIMS: Marin Aluminum Double Wall, 29mm Inner, Pinned Joint, Disc Specific, Tubeless Compatible
- HUB, REAR: Forged Alloy, 32H
- HUB, FRONT: Forged Alloy, 32H
- SPOKE, NIPPLES: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- TIRES: WTB Trail Boss Comp, 27.5/29x2.25”, Wire Bead
- DERAILLEUR, REAR: Shimano Deore 11-Speed w/Clutch
- DERAILLEUR, FRONT: NA
- SHIFT LEVER: Shimano Deore 11-Speed
- CRANKSET: Marin Forged Alloy 1x11, Hollow Spindle, Steel Narrow Wide 32T Chainring, 76mm BCD
- BOTTOM BRACKET: External Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- CHAIN: KMC X11
- CASSETTE: SunRace 11-Speed, 11-51T
- BRAKE, FRONT: Shimano BR-MT200 Hydraulic Disc 160mm Rotor
- BRAKE, REAR: Shimano BR-MT200 Hydraulic Disc 160mm Rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS:Shimano BL-MT201
- HANDLEBAR: Marin 31.8 Riser, 12mm Rise, 780mm Width
- STEM: Marin Alloy, 31.8mm Clamp, 45mm
- GRIPS: Marin MTB, Closed End
- HEADSET: FSA No.10-P
- SEATPOST; Marin Alloy, 30.9
- SADDLE: Marin MTB
- PEDALS: Nylon Platform