The Rift Zone 27.5 is Marin's most playful trail bike, made for the rider that catches a bit of air off of every root in the trail, is always looking for an alternate line, and ends every ride with a smile.
Riding a bike is fun, and having fun on the trail was at the forefront of thought when Marin created the Rift Zone 27.5. Built around our MultiTrac suspension system, the Rift Zone 27.5 is Marin's most playful and fun short-travel suspension trail bike to date. Entry-level through to high-performance spec, everyone can fall in love with mountain biking over and over again with the Rift Zone 27.5.
Why you'll love it:
The Rift Zone 27.5 has a Series 3 6061 butted and hydroformed aluminum frame with 120mm travel MultiTrac suspension technology and playful 27.5” wheels. 27.5” wheels fit most riders better and create a lightweight and responsive bike, the most playful trail bike in the line.
MultiTrac is an acclaimed suspension system, fine-tuned to have a balanced ride capable of absorbing big hits with an efficient pedaling platform. The rocker link provides a progressive leverage ratio for the rear shock for small bump sensitivity and the feeling of a long travel system on large drops and rocks.
Trail geometry with short chainstays, low bottom bracket, long top tube, and a slack head angle, combined with lightweight and responsive 27.5” wheels make for a playful and quick handling bike.
Rift Zone 27.5 models are compatible with internally routed dropper posts, with internal rear derailleur routing for a clean look and snag-free ride.
Boost front spacing is paired with a 148x12mm Boost rear thru-axle on the Rift Zone 27.5 3 and Rift Zone 27.5 2 for frame and wheel strength, and future wheel upgrade compatibility.
The Rift Zone 27.5 1 is spec’d with a 141x9mm axle that is upgradable to a Boost 148x12mm standard, allowing for more options if you decide to take your bike to the next level.
Sizing & fit
This Medium frame generally fits rider 5'4"-5'8", but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit.
The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts here at Sunshine Bicycle Center.
- FRAME: Series 3 6061 Aluminum Frame, 27.5” Wheels, 120mm Travel, MultiTrac Suspension Platform, 141 Boost Spacing (upgradable to 148x12), 73mm Threaded BB w/ ISCG05 Tabs
- FRONT SUSPENSION: RockShox Recon Silver RL 27.5", 130mm Travel, Solo Air, Compression and Rebound Adjustment, Alloy Tapered Steerer, Fast Black Uppers, 110x15mm Boost Spacing, Maxle Stealth, 37mm Offset
- REAR SUSPENSION: X-Fusion O2 Pro R, Custom Tune, 210x50mm, M8x25mm Hardware Top and Bottom
- RIMS: Marin, Double Wall Alloy, 29mm Inner, Pinned Joint, Disc Specific, 32H, Tubeless Compatible
- HUB, REAR: Shimano HB-MT200B, 141 QR, Centerlock, Standard Freehub Body
- HUB, FRONT: Shimano HF-MT400B, 110x15mm, Centerlock
- SPOKE, NIPPLES: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- TIRES: Vee Tire Crown Gem 27.5x2.3", Dual Control Compound, Tubeless Ready
- DERAILLEUR, REAR: Shimano Deore, 11 Speed, SGS
- DERAILLEUR, FRONT: NA
- SHIFT LEVER: Shimano Deore, 11-Speed, SL-5100R
- CRANKSET: Marin Forged Alloy, Integrated Steel 32T Narrow Wide Chainring, Boost Spacing
- BOTTOM BRACKET: External Sealed Cartridge Bearing
- CHAIN: KMC X-11 Silver and Black
- CASSETTE: SunRace, 11-Speed, 11-51T, ED Black
- BRAKE, FRONT: Shimano BR-MT200 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- BRAKE, REAR: Shimano BR-MT200 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano BL-MT201 Hydraulic
- HANDLEBAR: Marin Mini-Riser, 6061 Double Butted Aluminum, 780mm Width, 28mm Rise, 5º Up, 9º Back
- STEM: Marin 3D Forged Alloy, 35mm
- GRIPS: Marin MTN, Closed End
- HEADSET: FSA No 57E, Semi-Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1 1/8" x 1 1/2”
- SEATPOST: Marin Alloy, 30.9mm
- SADDLE: Marin Speed Concept
- EXTRAS: Closed 9-12 Thru-Axle QR System